Holly's Preferences page lets you set the behaviors that work best for your practice. You have the option to set four main types of preferences:
- Confirmation lead time: Set how many days prior to the appointment Holly should contact the patient to ask for confirmation.
- Draft time: We know nobody's perfect, so now you can enjoy some time to correct mistakes made during the appointment creation. Holly will wait for the selected number of minutes before handling an appointment. This gives you a chance to make changes, so the patient doesn’t receive a reminder with incorrect information.
- Holly's working days and hours: Select the days and hours when Holly will be working and sending messages to your patients.
- Scheduling days and hours: If you have selected “Automated” as your Type of Rescheduling, you must tell Holly the days and hours in which your services are available to patients (your business hours). You can set different available hours per day (gray slots are unavailable).
- Full calendar management: When ON, Holly will automatically manage all the events in your calendar. If you deactivate this option, she will only manage appointments to which she has been invited manually.
- Automated: Add the rescheduled appointments to your calendar automatically, based on the patient selection of your available slots. Check out our Automated Rescheduling tutorial for a step-by-step guide on how this feature works.
- Manual: The patient gives input about their preferred date(s) and time(s) for rescheduling and you’ll manually review availability and move the appointment to the new slot or propose a new date/time. We recommend using this option if your service hours are highly variable.
- Overlapping appointments: Some healthcare professionals can book more than one patient per hour (i.e. dentists); if you're using Automated Rescheduling, use this preference to set the maximum number of times the same slot can be offered to different patients.
- Send cancellation message: Holly will send an informative SMS to the patient when you bump an appointment, just to let them know that you had to cancel.
- Reschedule bumped events: When you bump an appointment, instead of just notifying the patient, Holly asks them to schedule a new appointment and offers the available slots in your calendar.
- Email alerts on appointment cancellation: You can receive an email for each patient that declines an appointment, this will help you to keep track in real time, without having to log into your calendar. To enable this preference, type the email address to which the notification should be send. If you want to receive the notification in multiple emails, use commas to separate the addresses.
- Second try: When a patient does not answer, Holly makes a second attempt to confirm response. Decide how long you want to wait to send the retry message ; we recommend waiting at least three hours between messages.
- No-show follow-up: Despite all the efforts, your patient was a no-show. We can still help! Now you can automate the follow-up of no-shows to get them to schedule a new appointment. The No-show follow-up delay preference lets you define how long after the no-show Holly must wait to contact the patient and offer them a new appointment.
Templates & Language
- Template: Currently, Holly can chat with your contacts in a healthcare or business appointment context. The difference between them is that when you use the Business Meeting template, the contact receives the summary of the appointment as part of the confirmation message.
- Default Language: Holly can engage with your patients in English or Spanish, set your preference here.