Follow these steps to set a basic configuration of your Acuity Scheduling account to work with Holly:
- Set up your hours in Business Settings > Availability & Calendars.
- If you work regular weekly hours Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm, with an hour lunch break at noon, you would set your hours to "9:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-4:30pm" (be sure to separate time ranges with a comma).
- Acuity will allow you to book as many appointments as fit into your availability. If your hours are 9:00am-5:00pm and you offer 60-minute appointments, the last available appointment will be 4:00pm.
- Want to limit the number of appointments per day? Go to the Settings tab and scroll down. You'll have two choices to choose from in the dropdown, either to accept a number of appointments till you're fully booked or set a maximum amount of appointments you want to allow per day. This is also the area were you can opt to allow for double booking (overlapping appointments).
- Note: Your availability and double booking (overlapping appointments) preferences are read by Holly from your Acuity account.
- If you have more than one type of appointment, set up the Appointment Types you offer. Go to Business Settings > Appointment Types.
- Edit the default Appointment Type and / or add a new type by clicking the New Type of Service button.
- To configure an Appointment Type:
- Give it a descriptive name
- Set the duration
- Select the calendar(s) that can book this type of appointment
- Set a booking price (optional)
- Go to Appointments > Client list to upload the name and mobile phone number of your patients.
- You’re ready to schedule your first appointment! Go to Appointments > Appointment Calendar.
- Click on an available slot to create a new appointment. Select an Appointment Type and start typing your patient’s name (Acuity will autocomplete the data). If it’s a new patient, the client’s record is created automatically after you input the contact information.
- Click Schedule Appointment and that's it! The appointment is scheduled and Holly will confirm it when the configured Lead Time arrives.
Get the mobile app
Acuity Scheduling offers a free app for iOS users. Get it here to see your appointments status on the go.
If a patient doesn’t show up to the appointment, go to Go to Appointments > Appointment Calendar and
- Double click on the appointment.
- On the right side of the screen you'll see a new window with the appointment's details.
- Click the red CANCEL button.
- Check the box "This was a no show appointment"
- Click the "Yes, cancel appointment" button.
If you want a more advanced configuration, please visit the Acuity Scheduling help center, where you will find tutorials and videos.